Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28 - Ex. 21-22; Ps. 12; Acts 5

Scripture: Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Observation: There is nothing quite like an undiluted blast of truth from Peter. I relate to Peter, he tells it like it is. He doesn't hold back or water down the truth. He doesn't compromise. Peter, and all of the apostles for that matter, never water down the fact that apart from Jesus there is no salvation for anyone. That is a hard Truth. A Truth the world rejects - see Acts 2:11. Jesus made this same claim.

Application: I want to bring it like Peter. I want to bravely share the Truth to all who will hear. There will be times where I will need to say it just as Peter did. Other times I will need to be more relational like Paul at Mars Hill. I need to refine the discernment to know which way is most appropriate for my context.

Prayer: Jesus, thank you for these strong truths. I pray that I may never back down on them. I pray that I may share you with the world, a world that has rejected to you. Make hearts soft, give me the words to speak or the thing to do when the time comes to share you. Amen.

No comments: