Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 26th - Ex. 14-16; Acts 2

Scripture: Acts 2: 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

" `The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand

AC 2:35 until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet." '

AC 2:36 "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

AC 2:37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

AC 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."


Observation: Acts 2 is my favorite passage in scripture. It's not more important, but yet it is so very important. Weighty truths with huge implications. First the passage confirms the relationship between the Triune God. It then confirms our relationship with the Triune God. It closes with a reminder of the sovereignty of God.

Application: The application of this is as simple as it gets. Accept Christ as your Lord and Savior, then repent and be baptized! Once this has happened work with the gifting of the Holy Spirit to serve others and share the Word so that others who are far off will be transformed as well.

Prayer: My beautiful Savior, thank you for coming for me, for my sins, for my forgiveness. I praise you for your sacrifice, for you wisdom to save me because I cannot save myself. Thank you for your equipping Spirit that I may participate in your redemptive plan. Amen.

No comments: