Saturday, February 2, 2008

February 2nd - Ex. 33-34; Ps. 16; Acts 9

I'm going to resist blogging Acts 9, which is one of my favorite passages, a passage I have preached from before. Saul's conversion to Paul is simply glorious though.

Scripture: Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

PS 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,

PS 16:10 because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.

PS 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Observation: We can find this passage of scripture quoted in Acts 2:25-28 that we read last week. The Psalmist has confidence in God being with him both in the present as well as in the future, beyond his time on Earth. This confidence was and is rooted in Jesus! We can have even greater confidence living on this side of the Cross, with the prophecies fulfilled. This confidence comes from a walk with God. It is something developed over time.

Application: This practice of journaling a set of devotions is a great practice to help us in our Walk with Christ. It will help us to grow in our confidence in the Lord. The best application from this passage for me at this point in life is to be continually challenged to find myself in the Word. To let God speak to me and through me through the Living Word.

Prayer: I praise oh God for your wisdom to write down your words for us to have from generation to generation. I pray for a hunger, a deep hunger, that I may have the desire to consume your word, to have it transform me. I praise you for how faithful you have been and will be to me. I thank you for your plan of redemption. Amen.

No comments: