Monday, February 18, 2008

February 18th - Exodus 2; James 1:19-27

Scripture: James 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Observation: Verse 20 is the answer to the problem presented in vs. 19. The book of James is a very practical book, virtually all being direct application types of texts.

If we are talking we cannot listen, and we cannot hear from God. Our anger further blocks our ability to hear when God is trying to speak into our lives.

Application: Without questions I have had anger blind me and my big mouth hold back my spiritual development. Far too often in my life I have felt the sting of saying things I later regretted. As I have grown in my faith, I have become better at this, but I am still not above saying things I shouldn't from time to time.

Prayer: Father, forgive me for the many times I have said things I should not have in anger. Work in me to change me so that my mouth will not be what holds back my witness. Amen.

No comments: